Similar nearby businesses
Feelance Dance, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 3DH
35 Ashfield Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 4XL
3 Boston Avenue, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, NE7 7SR
25 Laurel Cresent, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 4PJ
Wingrove House, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE5 3DE
Senate House, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE15 9BT
Popdance® is a unique dance class for adults – teaching fun and enjoyable routines to “pop” music from the 80′s, 90′s and 00′s.
Popdance® classes are run in a relaxed and friendly environment where likeminded adults of all ages and abilities can feel comfortable. With easy-to-follow moves and no pressure to get the steps exactly right, the emphasis is on fun and enjoyment – and you get some exercise without realising it!
The dance routines are built up over a period of 4-5 weeks – giving everyone the chance to learn them before changing to a new one. With music ranging from Kylie to Lady Gaga, Beyonce to Wham – there is something for everyone.
Mum of 2, Sue Wybrow, was inspired to create Popdance® whilst searching for a class where she could learn dance routines to pop classics such as Kylie, Michael Jackson and Wham. She was looking for a class that was fun, relaxed and friendly, one where she would feel comfortable and not out of place. She couldn’t find anything that suited her so Popdance® was born!
The first Popdance® class opened in January 2009, and due to popular demand, more were launched in the September of that year.
Popdance® has continued to grow with classes opening across the UK and plans to open many more – we want to get the nation Popdancing – so watch this space!
• To create a fun, friendly and supportive place for people to dance
• To give adults of all ages and abilities the opportunity to “let their hair down”, have fun and dance in a place where they feel comfortable, no matter what size, shape or age they are
• To make a difference to people’s lives, how they feel and their attitude towards exercise
• To maintain the energy, passion, drive and determination to make Popdance® accessible to everyone
• To get the nation, and eventually the world, Popdancing!